PDF Document Link: COVID-19 Safe Return to School Plan
Link to CDC/VHD Guidance: http://napierbw.github.io/COVID-19-LEAD-CTR/
Dear Parents and Guardians:
As the LEAD Center prepares to open its doors for the 2020-2021 school year we wanted to share some important information with you related to the COVID-19 mitigation measures put in place to ensure the safety of your student. A COVID-19 Safe Return to School Team was formed to develop a comprehensive COVID-19 Safe Return to School Plan. The team will meet regularly throughout the school year to review new guidance and concerns.
Our COVID-19 Safe Return to School Handbook will provide information for you about mitigation efforts, daily operations, and expectations for the opening of school. There are a few important items in the handbook that I would like to highlight for you:
- Students will have temperatures checked daily upon arrival.
- Students are encouraged to wear masks as they are able. Masks should be provided by the parent/guardian and must comply with the dress code.
- Students should not bring backpacks to school for the first 30 days.
- Students will be required to practice social distancing in the building.
- We always encourage parent involvement. At the current time, parent meetings will be held virtually. If a parent needs to meet in person, he/she must make an appointment and will be required to wear a mask when entering the building.
Keeping students and staff safe is a priority. We would ask that you assess the health of your child using the attached checklist daily before sending him/her to school. Additionally, your child’s transportation provider will be asked to check his/her temperature when boarding transportation. Once your child arrives at school if he/she has a temperature of >100 you will be called to pick your child up. Any other symptoms will be evaluated by a designated person to determine if your child is unable to remain at school. Please make sure you have provided the LEAD Center with updated contact information so that we may reach you in the event that your child is ill.
The LEAD Center staff is committed to responding to your questions and/or concerns. Please contact Haidee Napier at email@example.com or 804-452-3730, ext. 345 if you have questions.
Haidee Napier, Director